Thursday, February 5, 2009

And The Winner Is



The Doritos spot above was the big winner during this years Superbowl according to two articles I've read. USA Today assembled a panel and YouTube gave stats on what commercials were watched and voted on the most. Both of these sources declared "Free Doritos" as the winning commercial debuting during the Superbowl this year. You can get to the article mentioning the USA today panel (here).

I am a little disappointed in myself because I didn't include the commercial above in my poll on the far right side of this blog. But I guess I didn't watch the ads closely enough the first time around to realize that the ad is pretty good. The "Free Doritos" spot was created by Joe Herbert, Batesville, IN according to Adrants. You can find out more about Joe at his site to encourage voting for the commercial at doritosvote.com.

Speaking of user-generated content, I don't think that Doritos has had any commercials done by professional ad agencies for quite sometime. And I have to say from the response the commercial got, if they never use an agency again I wouldn't blame them. People love user generated content. The Free Doritos spot was funny, memorable, and creative all of which are elements you want in a Superbowl commercial.

Finally, I think people enjoy these types spots more because it gives them a feeling that someone just like them can create an ad featured in the big game.

Best,
A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...