Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spook Recruitment Ads


I can’t believe the CIA is using the mainstream media to recruit future spooks. Now don’t get me wrong; I don’t see anything wrong with using all methods available to spread the word about your needs. But I mean come on your not going to work for Wal-Mart, it’s the C.I. freaking A! The CIA apparently needs a few good men — and women. I wonder can we blame this on the current state of the economy too?

Their ads, both in radio and in print are for the National Clandestine Service (NCS). According to the Wikipedia article about these guys they are the ones that conduct government sponsored secret missions. You know what I’m talking about Chuck NorrisDelta Force type stuff.

All of the agency’s ads use buzzwords such as "patriotism," "adventure" and they also reek of government ambiguity. But, do I have a right to complain if that’s what it takes to keep me safe?

According to one article on a government Web-site the CIA’s recruitment office creates its own ads.

Here are some TV ads that I found via YouTube. The agency’s TV spots usually appear on channels like the Discovery Channel. You can view the T.V. spot here.

Best,
A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...