Tuesday, May 12, 2009

LeBron, Kobe "Just Do It" Puppet Style



A friend of mine from work showed me the new Nike commercial above. According to a few other blogs these new puppet commercials are part of a new Nike ad campaign being rolled out during the playoffs. They create puppets that resemble the two top players in the NBA. LeBron puppet is so excited about the upcoming playoffs and he cannot hide it while Kobe is the more stoic of the two.

The spot is extremely funny and memorable. The audience will certainly be able to recall the brand being promoted, Nike basketball. I was laughing so hard right in the middle of my office when I first saw this spot, people must have thought I was going crazy. My favorite part is when the LeBron character was getting overly excited about beef and broccoli.

You simply have to watch it to know what I’m talking about. I promise you will not be disappointed.

I believe the ad agency for this campaign is Wieden+Kennedy, Nike’s long time lead agency but I can't be certain. I will try to find out and update this post. Now I am sure that it is W+K that created the ad via an angry reader that stumbled onto my blog.

Best,
A.B.

1 comment:

Abdallah Anwar said...

Well since it is not my intention to upset you. (PLEASE DON'T READ IT). But on my blog, I have always stated that the content here is my opinion and mine alone. If you don't like it don't read it.

PS: Beginning of sentences require capitalization.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...