Smirnoff and Madonna have paired up to launch a campaign where they ask readers to share their nightlife experiences on Smirnoff’s Facebook Fan page. The campaign, known as the Global Nightlife Exchange created by JWT basically share their nightly college life excursions with the world. This is actually a pretty effective campaign on several fronts because it accomplishes several things at once that are beneficial for both parties. The campaign also involved a includes a contest to find a backup dancer for Madonna.
This campaign will encompass several marketing/advertising disciplines working together for the best interest of the brands involved and yes, Madonna is a brand. The disciplines that will be involved in this campaign include:
· Social Media- They are asking people to share their nightlife experiences on Facebook. Facebook isn’t the only form of social media they ask people to use. To enter the dance contest to be one of Madonna’s backup dancers you must submit a video showing off their talents.
· Product Placement- There will be 50 parties going on simultaneously, where the primary sponsor will have their product on full display. I am sure there will be
· Viral Marketing- The videos that the Madonna contest hopefuls will submit will go viral on places like YouTube.
· Sponsorship- Smirnoff will be sponsoring the parties (where their name will be everywhere) and of course it’s their Facebook page that people will be sharing their stories on.
· Celebrity Endorsement- Duh, they are using Madonna.
So do you guys think what I’ve listed above encompasses all the marketing elements involved in this campaign?