Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Wheelchair Heart

The wheelchair heart logo above is the official logo of 3E Love, designed by its founder Annie Hopkins who is, and always will be a friend that I miss and forever love. My friend passed on January 20th 2009. She was a true advocate for the disabled community. We should all follow her example.

According to 3E Love’s MySpace page the wheelchair symbol is a symbol of acceptance of disability. The symbol simply replaces the wheel of the traditional handicapped sign and turned it to a heart. 3E Love is headquartered in Chicago, has goals of bringing products that celebrate disability to the public.

On another note, the wheelchair heart symbol I believe began as a tattoo that my friend Annie got. I love that design because it was simple yet had a powerful and meaningful message. To me, someone who is also in a wheelchair the symbol means that you can be cool, do great things, and show the world that being in a chair doesn’t stop you from doing anything you want.

Just so I can finish the post like I do most other posts, by telling you who the creator of the ad I am discussing is, I’m going to do the same in this post. Annie Marie Hopkins designed the logo and she is the founder of 3E Love.

R.I.P. Annie! Miss you forever.

Best,
A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...