Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jolie Does Louis Vutton

photographed by Annie Leibovitz

I have to admit that most of the advertising blog world has already discussed this ad to death, I maybe a little late to the party but I think I can offer a bit more. Let me elaborate, other ad blogs didn’t quite feature the whole ad, they simply showed the main image. Only showing the main image would be ok if they were photography blogs. Ad blogs should show the whole ad. And that is exactly what I’m here to do.

 Well, let’s move on to the ad. I found the ad above on the back of my Economist magazine. It features the absolutely beautiful Angelina Jolie posing for this Louis Vutton ad done in Cambodia where one of her adoptive children is from. Indecently this location in Cambodia is where Lara Croft: Tomb Raider in 2000.

She was interviewed at the shoot where they discussed how natural she looked, barefoot, no makeup and her own tattered Vutton bag. But in my opinion, I don’t think that’s entirely true. I think they put just enough makeup on to make her look all natural and they let Photoshop do the rest.


Finally, the copy says, “A Single Journey can change the course of a life.” I wanted to mention that because nobody else seemed to care. I think the copy is what makes the image an ad. All of these separate elements come together to make an ad.

Best,
-A.B.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...