Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Steelers Troy Polamalu

The Pittsburgh Steeler Troy Polamula is in a new Coke Zero ad that is a remake of the 1980 classic "Mean Joe Green" Coke ad. For those of you who don't know what ad I'm talking about, please click here. You'll be able to see the new version of the ad on Superbowl Sunday. The new spot will have a "twist" to differentiate itself from the famous eighties spot, from what I understood from Adfreak.

In my opinion, the spot was created for nostalgia purposes only. If you are part of the younger generation and don't know who "Mean Joe" is or haven't seen the original commercial before, then how could you make the connection? Also, I have to be honest, if I didn't actually study advertising and learned about famous campaigns, I wouldn't have been able to make the connection either. For the games' target audience, however, the spot should resonate and remind people about how Coke used to be a part of their childhood. Like I said, it's all about bringing back that feeling of nostalgia.

Yes, I think this commercial will present the brand in a good light and sell more Coke. Selling your product is of course the ultimate goal in any business.

The spot is being done by Miami’s hot creative shop Crispin Porter + Bogusky.

Best,
A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...