The ad you see above has officially become my number one most hated type of ad. Here are just a few of my reasons:
- It pops up unexpectedly when opening up an app on your iPhone.
- It covers the whole screen making you uncertain if you are looking at the app or the app has crashed unexpectedly.
- The close this ad button is usually within the smallest area of the screen.
- On the iPhone in particularly the close button is hard to push because of the lack of physical buttons.
- Trying to close the ads sometime cause you to accidentally launch the ad. This is known as a miss-click and you probably just added to the advertisers revenues even though your click was inadvertent
I think it is part of the iAd network. What do you guys think? Oh, and the ad you see above is directly from my iPhone.