Saturday, October 9, 2010

Officially My Most Hated Type of Ad


The ad you see above has officially become my number one most hated type of ad. Here are just a few of my reasons:
  1. It pops up unexpectedly when opening up an app on your iPhone.
  2. It covers the whole screen making you uncertain if you are looking at the app or the app has crashed unexpectedly.
  3. The close this ad button is usually within the smallest area of the screen.
  4. On the iPhone in particularly the close button is hard to push because of the lack of physical buttons.
  5. Trying to close the ads sometime cause you to accidentally launch the ad. This is known as a miss-click and you probably just added to the advertisers revenues even though your click was inadvertent 
The ad above that I clicked on displayed when I launched my Huffington Post iPhone App. The ad was promoting another app for the Microsoft’s Bing Search engine. As a matter of fact, clicking on the ad opened the App Store page to download and install the application.

I think it is part of the iAd network. What do you guys think? Oh, and the ad you see above is directly from my iPhone.

Best
-A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...