Wednesday, October 27, 2010

LeBron, What Should I Do




This commercial just aired during Inside The NBA featuring the new king of Miami, LeBron James. Inside The NBA aired right after the L.A. Lakers two-point win to start the 2010-2011 season.

The spot several clips of LeBron in various situations like a press conference, poet, on a basketball court, in a construction site, all asking the question “What should I do? In the spot he also provides possible answers in question form like “Should I admit that I made mistakes?” Should I really believe I ruined my legacy? Should I have my tattoo removed? If you follow basketball like I do you would know that this commercial mocks the publics reaction to “The Decision.”

The one thing that was really interesting to me about this spot is that it was unusually long for a game on opening night of the season. I’d fully expect a longer commercial if it were the NBA Finals series or the playoffs even but opening night? “The Decision” may have also had an influence on the length of the spot.

And of course, we all know and love who the agency for this Nike Basketball spot is, Wieden + Kennedy.

Best,
-A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...