Sunday, September 19, 2010

Designs on the Back of Coke Cans

When I first started this blog about two years ago I wanted to share with people more information about the people that actually created the ad. I am finding that the traditional T.V. spots and print ads are relatively easy to find who created them. It’s the more obscure forms of advertising that I am struggling to find details on the creators.

For example, the design on the coke below, who designed it? The abstract design of the coke bottle and the soccer ball on the back of the can shown below, I think I can safely assume that the soccer ball was selected in celebration of the 2010 Soccer World Cup in South Africa but again who created these abstract designs? Should I be satisfied with knowing that the company either did the designs in-house or contracted the work to a traditional Madison Avenue agency?



The Coke T.V. spots are relatively easy to find who created them, but not who created the artistic designs on the back of the cans. It’s those obscure ads that I wanted this blog to provide more information on. Traditional TV spots and print ads are easy to find information on but not this type of advertising. Shedding some light on obscure advertising and designs is how I wanted Inside That Ad to differentiate itself from the other advertising blogs out there on the web.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to find information on advertising that is displayed on non-traditional media?

Best,

-A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...