Sunday, September 19, 2010

Social Links on Bench Ads



Apparently social networking buttons have become quite trendy, more trendy then I ever expected. In the bench ad above, there was advertising for a realtor. Notice that the company has all the social networking quick links proudly displayed on the bench. Why would these be important for a realtor to display on a bench? Well, I looked at the advertiser's YouTube channel and all it does is show clips of properties that it is responsible for.

Is YouTube the first place you would go look if you are looking for a new home? I ask the same question in regards to the other social networks, are Facebook and Twitter the best way to look for new customers looking for a new home? The actual bench ad I can justify but not the social networking buttons displayed on the bench. Why, because you can't click the social links on the bench.

I understand the tactic if you have loyal customers that are only looking to use you as their realtor? But are new potential homeowners really that brand loyal? They are simply looking for someone to help them buy a home. You must leave quite an impression for them to remember you all the way home and then visit your sites on their home computers.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Let me know in the comment section below. Also, I blocked out most of the bench ad because I got the impression it gives an individual free advertising as oppose to an actual brand or company.

Best,
-A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...