Sunday, March 1, 2009

TNT's Trust Me

So I've been extremely ill this weekend. I've been in my apartment pretty much the entire weekend. Since I cannot be out gallivanting around in my van due to my obnoxious cold, I decided to check out a relatively new TV show titled Trust Me. A show about the goings on of an ad agency. it revolves around the lives of 2 friends, the primary Art Director and Copywriter at RGM, the fictional ad agency. It shows how the two main characters balance their careers, private live, and friendship with each other. The main rival is the ARC Mobile account that is constantly in jeopardy of being lost.

I think this is a great show for cable television, I appreciate it a bit more then Mad Men the show on AMC. Mad Men gives the me the feeling that I'm watching a show that provides a cultural analysis of the 50s. Maybe be how men and women interacted with each other at that time and advertising is simply a secondary story line. Trust me is the show for the year 2009. I feel it reveals more of the business side of advertising as it is today and it actually focuses on "Advertising." Advertising is what we are all here for, I am sure everyone agrees.

The one thing I would change about the show is how TNT decided to present it online. In my opinion their video streaming technology is sub par and they should have simply authorized Hulu to show it online. The site is a joint venture between NBC Universal and News Corp.

Anyway, I still like the show. I get to be inside of an ad agency even if it is just on TV.

Best,
A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...