Monday, February 23, 2009

A 2nd Arm Wrestling Movie



There have been many movies on basketball, many movies on football, and some could argue even hockey but not so many on arm wrestling besides Sly's "Over the Top." Now there is a second "Pulling John" hitting the big screen in March. I feel the title needs some editing.

Why, you ask, because people will always think of that joke that involves someone named "Johnson." Yea, I know you know the joke I'm talking about. The movie is actually a documentary about arm wrestling. I wonder how it will do? Is arm wrestling very popular still?

Back to the original arm wrestling movie "Over The Top," I didn't think it was all that great to begin with but at least they promoted a title that couldn't be used in jokes so easily. But again that is only my opinion.

Also, I think the movie will only be followed by those who are interested in the subject matter. The movie "Murderball" comes to mind because it was promoted so well yet it only resonated with people that cared about wheelchair sports and the disabled.

I am still trying to find out who is promoting it so please stay tuned.

Best,
A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...