Sunday, May 1, 2011

AT&T Ski Lift



It has been a while since my last blog posting due to a lack of motivation to write posts that I don’t think get read at all. But I don’t think it’s just that, I’ve also given some serious thought to changing the format of this blog. I wanted to change the format to video instead of text. I thought that maybe I can discuss more on camera than via typing. I just couldn’t figure out how to show a commercial and provide commentary on top of it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Now on to the AT&T ski ad by BBDO, New York. The spot, to put it simply is pure comedy. Two men are going up a ski lift and one friend asks the other if he can ask date his former girlfriend Shiela out on a date. The friend with the ex agrees but tries to quickly explain that she would never go for him. The friend quickly text Shiela on his AT&T phone and to his surprise receives an immediate response while on the Ski lift. Further emphasizing that the AT&T network can be reached.

The response was so immediate and the frequent exchange of messages that it is once again pure comedy. But, does it secure more 2-year contracts for AT&T or simply induce more brand appreciation from loyal customers?

Plus, doesn’t the friend with the glasses look like Zach Galifianakis from the Hang Over?

Best,
-A.B.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...