Thursday, April 9, 2009

Donation Letter







Dear Friends,

Sport is something most of us have enjoyed at some point in our lives. Some of us even go on to compete at the highest levels of a particular sport. What most of us don’t realize is that if you have a disability, participating in sports can sometimes be out of reach no matter how well we perform. That’s why I'm asking for your help.

I am the best in the sport of boccia in the United States. I also have cerebral palsy.

I began competing in boccia when I was 10 years old. At an early age, I began showing real skill at the game and quickly became one of the top players in the U.S. I even qualified to be on the U.S. team a few times for international competitions.

Every year, there’s a U.S. Boccia National Tournament. This year, the other players are begging me to come, since I’m a champion player and the team is small anyway. I really want to be there for my teammates, and it would mean a lot to them and the sport if I could participate. But this year is the first time I have been unable to save enough money for the trip. The tournament is in Atlanta, and I’m in Los Angeles. Expenses include airfare, hotel, food, personal assistant and transportation in Atlanta.

Boccia is the reason I am asking you to help me raise $3000 so I can join my teammates in the U.S. Boccia National Tournament. Any contribution you could make―large or small―would be greatly appreciated. So please help this Boccia champion support his team and his sport.

You can help by clicking on the Donate button in the left column of my blog at Inside That Ad.

Thank you very much.

A.B.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...